With proper care, a dental crown can last a lifetime. Achieving this takes a good dental routine that includes brushing twice a day, flossing once a day, and routine visits to the dentist. Not all patients manage to get a lifetime out of their crowns. The average life span of a dental crown is 10 to 30 years. There is a variety of reasons why a patient may need a crown replaced:
- Trauma to the tooth caused by injury
- A poor seating of the crown, causing discomfort and gum loss
- The crown becomes stained and worn over time
- Damage under the crown, like an infected root, requiring a root canal or a cavity
- Cracks or chips that damage the integrity of the crown
Expert Dental Crowns in Topeka
We believe in the power of prevention. Keeping up on routine check-ups and cleanings can go a long way to ensure your dental crowns look good and function well. And if it comes time to replace the crown, your can trust us to handle that as well.
Our team at Topeka Dentistry is proud to provide dental crowns to patients who are in need. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Peterson or Dr. Rutherford to discuss dental crowns.